Prof. Dr. rer nat., Dipl.-Psych., Dept. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy and Centre for Psychotherapy, JWG, and CMBB
- Current position
- Professor of Psychology and Chair, Dept. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Centre for Psychotherapy, JWG
- Role within partner site
- Representative Faculty, site coordinator JWG
Relevant work experience
- BMBF RECAP, WP PI Multicenter, Coordinator and PI
- BMBF SOPHO-NET, Co-PI and PI of subprojects
- DFG/BMBF Combined Cognitive-Behavioral and Pharmacological Continuation and Maintenance Treatment of Recurrent Depression, PI
- DFG Behavioral Activation and Meditation for chronic depression
- DFG Cognitive Therapy for Body dysmorphic disorder
- since 2008
- Professor of Psychology (W3) and Chair, Dept. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, JWG
- Professor of Clinical and Psychological Intervention (C3), Schiller University Jena
- Assistant Professor, Dept. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, JWG
- Postdoc Dept. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, FR
- Postdoc at the Department of Dermatology, UMR
- Dissertation, Dr. rer. nat., UMR
Main research foci
- development of cognitive behavioural therapy
- process research and therapist competence
- information processing in mental disorders
- Jesuthasan J, Sönmez E, Abels I, … Stangier U, …Schouler-Ocak M (2018) Near-death experiences, attacks by family members and absence of health care in their home countries affect the quality of life of refugee women in Germany - a multi-region cross-secti
- Weck F, …, Stangier U (2015) Cognitive therapy versus exposure therapy for hypochondriasis (health anxiety): A randomized controlled trial. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology 83(4): 665.
- Risch AK, Taeger S, Brüdern J, Stangier U (2013) Psychological Well-Being in Remitted Patients with Recurrent Depression. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, 83: 404-405.
- Stangier U, …, Hautzinger M (2013) Maintenance cognitive-behavioral therapy and manualized psychoeducation in the treatment of recurrent depression: a multicenter prospective randomized controlled trial. American Journal of Psychiatry 170: 624-632.
- Stangier U, … Clark, D.M. (2011). Cognitive Therapy versus Interpersonal Psychotherapy in Social Phobia: A randomized controlled trial. Archives of General Psychiatry, 68, 692-700.
- Editorial Board Member of the journal “Verhaltenstherapie”
- Director of the Frankfurt Academy of Process-based Therapy (FraPBT)
- Director of the Center for Psychotherapy Goethe University (ZfP)