Prof. Dr. med., Dept. Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, UMR, and CMBB
- Current position
- Professor of Psychiatry and Chair, Dept. Psychiatry and Psychotherapy
- Role within partner site
Relevant work experience
- BMBF BIPOLIFE, WP PI Multicentre MRI imaging
- BMBF PROTECT-AD, WP PI Multicentre MRI imaging
- DFG RU2107, coordinator
- DFG 3 T MRI tomograph, coordinator
- BMBF 3 T MRI tomograph, coordinator
- BMBF Panic Net I and II, WP PI multicentre MRI imaging
- BMBF POSITIVE, WP PI multicentre MRI imaging
- since 2009
- Professor of Psychiatry and Chair, Dept. Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, UMR
- Professor of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry and vice Chair, University Aachen
- PostDoc, Institute of Psychitary, London, UK
- Dissertation Dr. med., LMU Munich
- Medical School Munich and UWashington, Seattle, USA
Main research foci
- neural correlates of cognition, emotion, psychotherapy
- aetiology of the major psychoses; gene x environment interaction
- multicentre MRI brain imaging
- Yang Y, …, Straube B, Kircher T (2020) Effect of CBT on Biased Semantic Network in Panic Disorder: A Multicenter fMRI Study Using Semantic Priming. Am J Psychiatry 177:254-264.
- van Velzen LS, Kelly S, …, Kircher T, …, Schmaal L (2020) White matter disturbances in major depressive disorder: a coordinated analysis across 20 international cohorts in the ENIGMA MDD working group. Mol Psychiatry 25:1511-1525.
- Kircher T, … Engelen J (2018) Formal thought disorders: from phenomenology to neurobiology. Lancet Psychiatry 5:515-526.
- Straube B, …, Jansen A, …, Kircher T (2014) Neural correlates of procedural variants in cognitive behavioral therapy: A randomized, controlled multicentre fMRI study. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics 83:222-233.
- Lueken U, Straube B, …, Jansen A, …, Kircher T (2013) Neural Substrates of Treatment Response to Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy in Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia. Am J Psychiatry 170:1345-1355.
- since 2019
- President elect “German Society for Biological Psychiatry”
- since 2018
- Member of the Senate, UMR
- since 2013
- Foundation board member „German Alliance against Depression“
- since 2009
- President “Alliance against Depression” Marburg
- since 2009
- Vice President “Institute for Behavioural Therapy”, UMR
- Head Aachen/Jülich “Brain Imaging Center West” (BICW)
- Research Prize “German Society for Biological Psychiary”
- Research Prize European Psychiatric Association (EPA)
- Attempto Research Prize for Excellence in Neuroscience, University Tübingen