Prof. Dr. rer. nat., Dipl.-Psych., Dept. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, JLU, and CMBB
- Current position
- Professor for Psychotherapy and Systems Neuroscience; Chair of the Outpatient Clinic for Psychotherapy, GI, Director of the Bender Institute of Neuroimaging (BION), JLU
- Role within partner site
- Representative Faculty
Relevant work experience
- BMBF ENHANCE, WP PI
- BMBF COMPARE, WP PI
- DFG CRC ENCERT, recruitment centre
- since 2012
- Professor of Psychotherapy and Systems Neuroscience, JLU
- since 2012
- Director of the Bender Institute of Neuroimaging (BION), JLU
- since 2006
- Chair of the Outpatient Clinic for Psychotherapy, JLU
- Licence for psychotherapy
- Dissertation, rer. nat., GI
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Clinical Psychology and Psycho-physiology, GI
Main research foci
- Neurobiological correlates of mental disorders
- Affective learning in anxiety disorders
- Development, maintenance and treatment of compulsive sexual behavior disorder
- Brand M, …, Stark R, …, Potenza M (2019) The Interaction of Person-Affect-Cognition-Execution (I-PACE) model for addictive behaviors: Update, generalization to addictive behaviors beyond internet-use disorders, and specification of the process character o
- Kleinstäuber M, …, Stark, R,…, Rief W (2019) Cognitive behaviour therapy complemented with emotion regulation training for patients with persistent physical symptoms: A randomised clinical trial. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics 88: 287-299.
- Strahler J, …, Stark R (2018) Neural correlates of gender differences in distractibility by sexual stimuli. NeuroImage 176: 499-509.
- Strahler J, …, Stark R (2019). Attentional bias towards and distractibility by sexual cues: A meta-analytic integration. Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews 105: 276-287.
- Strahler J, Stark R (2020). Perspective: Classifying orthorexia nervosa as new mental illness – much discussion, little evidence. Advances in Nutrition 11: 784-789.
- since 2015
- Delegate of Hesse Psychotherapist Chamber
- since 2016
- Delegate of the German “Psychotherapeutentag”
- President of the German Society of Psychophysiology and its Application