Prof. Dr. rer. nat., Dipl.-Psych., Dept. Experimental and Biological Psychology, UMR, and CMBB; Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, Leuven, Belgium
- Current position
- Professor for Biological Psychology and Behavioral Pharmacology, KU Leuven, Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, Research Unit Brain and Cognition, Laboratory of Biological Psychology, Social and Affective Neuroscience Research Group, Leuven, Belgium; Young Investigator Group Leader, UMR
- Role within partner site
- Representative Faculty
Relevant work experience
- EU Innovative Training Network ITN “Serotonin and Beyond”, PI, project lead ESR11
- DFG CRC 289, PI
- DFG RTG 2271, PI
- DFG RU 2107, PI
- Visiting Associate Professor, Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology (Prof. Dr. Südhof, Nobel laureate), School of Medicine, Stanford University, USA
- Visiting Scientist, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences (Prof. Dr. Silverman), School of Medicine, University of California Davis, USA
- Postdoctoral Visiting Fellow, Laboratory of Behavioral Neuroscience (Prof. Dr. Crawley), National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, USA
- Predoctoral Visiting Fellow, Division of Psychobiology and Psychopharmacology (Prof. Dr. D’Amato), CNR Institute of Neuroscience, Rome, Italy
- Dissertation, Dr. rer. nat., UMR
Main research foci
- *Krug A, *Wöhr M, … Schwarting RKW, Kircher T (2020) Advanced paternal age as a risk factor for neurodevelopmental disorders: A translational study. Mol Autism 11:e54. *shared first authorship
- Lackinger M, … Schwarting RKW, Wöhr M, Schratt G (2019) The placental-mammal specific miR379-410 microRNA cluster acts as a natural brake for sociability in mice. EMBO Reports 20:e4642.
- Valluy J, … Wöhr M, … Schwarting RKW, Schratt G (2015) A coding-independent function of an alternative Ube3a transcript during neuronal development. Nat Neurosci 18:666-673.
- Wöhr M, … Schwaller B (2015) Lack of parvalbumin in mice leads to behavioral deficits relevant to all human autism core symptoms and related neural morpho-functional abnormalities. Transl Psychiatry, 5:e525.
- Willuhn I, … Schwarting RKW, Wöhr M (2014) Phasic dopamine release in the nucleus accumbens in response to pro-social 50-kHz ultrasonic vocalizations in rats. J Neurosci 34:10616-10623.
- since 2020
- Editorial Board Member, Neuropharmacology
- since 2019
- European Councilor, International Behavioral Neuroscience Society
- Feodor Lynen Research Fellowship for Experienced Researchers, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation