Prof. Dr. med., Dept. Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, JLU and UMR, and CMBB
- Current position
- Professor of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy (W3) and Chair, Dept. Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy
- Role within partner site
- Representative Faculty
Relevant work experience
- BMG ES-RIP, coordinator
- since 2011
- BMBF Competence Network Diabetes / German Diabetes Research Center (DZD): Chronic Stress and Diabetes, PI
- VW Foundation: Interdisciplinary Project about Torture, coordinator
- since 2011
- Head of the Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, UMR
- since 2009
- Professor of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy and Chair, Dept. Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, G
- Associate Professor, University of Duesseldorf
- Medical Specialist (Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy)
- Dissertation, Dr. med., University of Duesseldorf
Main research foci
- Psychological factors in diabetes, stress-related disorders, PTSD (neuroendocrine pathways, epidemiology and clinical trials)
- Psychotherapy and health care research
- Emeny RT, …, Kruse J, …, Ladwig KH (2018) Anxiety associated increased CpG methylation in the promoter of Asb1: A translational approach evidenced by epidemiological and clinical studies and a murine model. Biol Psychiat 43(2): 342-353.
- Steinert C, …, Leichsenring F, …, Kruse J (2017) Resource activation for treating post-traumatic stress disorder, co-morbid symptoms and impaired functioning: a randomized controlled trial in Cambodia. Psychol Med 47(3): 553-564.
- Sack M, …, Kruse J, Stingl M (2016) A comparison of dual attention, eye movements, and exposure only during eye movement desensitization and reprocessing for posttraumatic stress disorder: Results from a randomized clinical trial. Psychother Psychosom 85(
- Steinert C, …, Leichsenring F,…, Kruse J (2016) Treating post-traumatic stress disorder by resource activation in Cambodia. World Psychiatry 15(2): 183-185.
- Kruse J, …, Thefeld W (2003) On the association between diabetes and mental disorders in a community sample. Diabetes Care 26: 1841-1846.
- since 2012
- President of the German Association of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy
- since 2014
- Speaker of the German Conference of the Medical Psychotherapeutic Associations
- since 2015
- Member of the “Scientific Advisory Board on Psychotherapy“ of the German Medical Association and the Federal Chamber of Psychotherapists in Germany
- Hans-Römer Prize of the German College of Psychosomatic Medicine