rof. Dr. phil., Dipl.-Psych. Dept. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy (CAP), UMR, and CMBB
- Current position
- Professor of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Role within partner site
Relevant work experience
- BMG EVAS, coordinator
- BMBF NEOCYST, PI
- BMBF ASD-net, coordinator
- BMG MEHIRA, WP PI
- since 2014
- Professor of Autism-Spectrum Disorders, CAP UMR
- since 2010
- Head of research group: Autism Spectrum Disorders, CAP UMR
- since 2001
- Clinical Psychologist, leading psychologist at CAP, UMR
- Visiting Researcher, Yale University, New Haven, USA
- Disseration, Dr. phil., University of Münster
Main research foci
- Identification of neurobiological pathways in autism spectrum disorder
- Diagnostic, gender, genetic aspects, treatment of autism spectrum disorder
- Mental disorders in toddlers and preschool children
- Kasperzack D, …, Becker K, …, Kamp-Becker I (2020) Effectiveness of the Stepping Stones Triple P Group Parenting Program in reducing comorbid behavioral problems in children with autism. Autism 24(2):423-436.
- Kuepper C, …. Kamp-Becker I, ….. Roepke S (2020). Identifying predictive features of autism spectrum disorders in a clinical sample of adolescents and adults using machine learning. Sci Rep 10, 4805.
- Greimel E, …, Kircher T, Kamp-Becker I, …, Konrad K (2010) Neural mechanisms of empathy in adolescents with autism spectrum disorder and their fathers. Neuroimage 49(1):1055–1065.
- Brieber S, …, Kamp-Becker I, …, Konrad K (2007) Structural brain abnormalities in adolescents with autism spectrum disordear and patients with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder. J Child Psychol 48(12): 1251–1258.
- Manjaly Z M, …, Kamp-Becker I, Fink GR (2007) Neurophysiological correlates of relatively enhanced local visual search in autistic adolescents. Neuroimage 35(1): 283–291.
- Member of the Steering Group: German Guidelines for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- since 2018
- Member of the Society for Research in Autism Spectrum Conditions (WGAS)
- Since 2016
- Organizer. Autism Diagnoses Reliability Meetings Germany
- since 2013
- Member of the International Society of Autism Research (INSAR)
- since 2012
- Scientific advisory board of Autismus Deutschland e.V.
- Herrmann Emminghaus Award
- since 2006
- Certified trainer in the diagnosis of ASD