Prof. Dr. phil. nat., Dipl-Psych., Dept, Developmental Psychology, JLU, and CMBB
- Current position
- Professor of Developmental Psychology, JLU
- Role within partner site
- Representative Faculty
Relevant work experience
- DFG-ANR, BabyFaceSpeech, Giessen/Grenoble, PI
- DFG RU 2107, WP PI
- DFG Music and intelligence, PI
- since 2003
- Professor of Developmental Psychology (W3) and Chair, Dept. Psychology and Sport Sciences, JLU
- 2005, 2009
- Offers for Chairs in Developmental Psychology (W3/C4), University of Cologne and Saarland University (denied)
- Leader of an Independent Research Group (C3), Friedrich-Miescher-Laboratory, Max-Planck Society, Tübingen
- Assistant Professor (C1), University of Tübingen
- Fellow at the Perceptual Science Laboratory of the University of California, Santa Cruz, USA
- Research Scientist (Post-Doc), JWG
- Dissertation, Dr. phil. nat., JWG
Main research foci
- Development of perception, cognition, and action
- Infant research
- Krasotkina A, Götz A, Höhle B, Schwarzer G (2020) Infants’ gaze patterns for same race and other race faces, and the other race effect. Brain Sciences 10(6): 331.
- Vöhringer IA, …, Schwarzer G, Knopf M (2018) The development of implicit memory from infancy to childhood: on average performance levels and inter-individual differences. Child Development 89: 370-382.
- Lamm B, …, Schwarzer G, Lohaus A (2018) Waiting for the second treat: Developing culture-specific modes of self-regulation. Child Development 89: 261-277.
- Schwarzer G (2014) How motor and visual experience shape infants' processing of objects and faces. Child Development Perspectives 8:213-217.
- Schwarzer G, Zauner N, Jovanovic B (2007) Evidence of a shift from featural to configural face processing in infancy. Developmental Science 10:452-463.
- since 2018
- Board member of PhD School in Psychology, Linguistics and Cognitive Neuroscience, Biccoca University Milano, Italy
- since 2014
- Member of the directorate of the DFG CRC 135
- Review Editor, Frontiers Cognitive Science
- Editor and Co-Editor of the German Journal of Developmental and Educational Psychology (ZEPP)
- Speaker of the Friedrich-Miescher-Laboratory, Max-Planck Society, Tübingen
- Scholarship of the German Research Foundation
- Scholarship of the Volkswagen Foundation