Prof. Dr. rer. nat., Dept. Applied Physics and Neurophysics, UMR, and CMBB
- Current position
- Professor and Chair, Dept. Applied Physics and Neurophysics
- Role within partner site
- Representative Faculty
Relevant work experience
- Member of the DFG – Review-Board 206 Neuroscience
- since 2018
- Center for Mind, Brain and Behavior CMBB, Founding Director
- DFG CRC 135, Member of the Steering Committee
- DFG IRTG 1901, Coordinator
- Grad. Center Life and Natural Sci, UMR, Founding Director
- DFG RU 560, Co-Coordinator
- DFG RTG 885, Coordinator
- since 2008
- Professor and Chair, Dept. Applied Physics and Neurophysics, UMR
- Vice-President (Research, Transfer, Internationalization, Support of Young Researcher), UMR
- Professor, Dept. Applied Physics and Neurophysics, UMR
- Assistant Professor, Dept. Neurobiology, Ruhr-University Bochum
- Postdoctoral Fellow, CNRS-College de France, Paris, France
- Dissertation, Dr. rer. nat., Dept. Neurobiology Ruhr-University Bochum
Main research foci
- Vision and eye movements in humans and non-human primates
- Multisensory processing in humans and non-human primates
- Eye movements and self-motion processing in neuropsychiatric patients
- Bremmer F, Churan J, Lappe M (2017) Heading representations in primates are compressed by saccades. Nat Commun 8:920.
- Morris AP, Bremmer F, Krekelberg B (2013) Eye-position signals in the dorsal visual system are accurate and precise on short timescales. J Neurosci 33:12395–12406.
- Morris AP, …, Bremmer F (2012) Dynamics of eye-position signals in the dorsal visual system. Curr Biol 22:173–179.
- Krekelberg B, …, Bremmer F, Ross J (2003) Neural correlates of implied motion. Nature 424:674–677.
- Krekelberg B, Kubischik M, Hoffmann K-P, Bremmer F (2003) Neural correlates of visual localization and perisaccadic mislocalization. Neuron 37:537–545.
- Appointed member of the selection committee of the Tenure Track-Program of the Joint Science Conference (GWK)
- Member of the Executive Board, German University Association of Advanced Graduate Training (UniWind)
- Member, EU-Research Commission, German Rector’s Conference (HRK)
- Appointed Member of the Steering Committee, Council for Doctoral Education (CDE) of the European University Association (EUA)
- Member, Editorial Board of Vision Research
- Vice-Dean, Faculty of Physics, UMR