Christiane Pané-Farré (nee Melzig)
Prof. Dr. phil. Dipl.-Psych., Dept. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, UMR, and CMBB
- Current position
- Professor of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Role within partner site
- Representative Faculty
Relevant work experience
- DFG Graduate School, Breaking Expectations, PI
- DFG Indicated prevention of mental disorders in subjects with initial panic symptomatology: effectiveness and underlying mechanisms of action, PI
- Intramural funding Neurobiological Basis of fear of somatic sensations, PI
- BMBF Panic Net II, PI
- since 2002
- Clinical therapeutic work (since 2011 as a fully licensed Psychological Psychotherapist, specialized in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, since 2017 also as clinical supervisor)
- since 2019
- Professorship Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, UMR
- Visiting Researcher, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
- Junior Research Group Leader, University of Greifswald
- Board Certification for Psychological Psychotherapy (CBT)
- Dissertation, Dr. phil., University of Greifswald
- Visiting Researcher at Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Stanford University
Main research foci
- Development, maintenance and treatment of mental disorders, focus on anxiety disorders
- Risk group identification and prevention of mental disorders
- Translational research, experimental psychopathology, psychophysiology
- Forstner AJ, … , Kircher T, Pané-Farré CA, Pauli P, Rief W, …, Becker J (2019) Genome-wide association study of panic disorder reveals genetic overlap with neuroticism and depression. Mol Psychiatry, Advance online publication.
- Krause E, …, Pané-Farré CA (2018) Dynamics of defensive response mobilization to approaching external vs. interoceptive threat. Biol Psychiatry: Cogn Neurosci Neuroimaging 3:525–538.
- Wendt J, …, Pané-Farré CA, …, Kircher T, …, Richter J (2018) Pre-treatment cardiac vagal tone predicts dropout from and residual symptoms after exposure therapy in patients with panic disorder and agoraphobia. Psychother Psychosom 87:187–189.
- Asselmann E, …, Pané-Farré CA (2018) Interplay between RGS2 and childhood adversities in predicting anxiety and depressive disorders: Findings from a general population sample. Depress Anxiety 35:1104–1113.
- Richter J, …, Pané-Farré CA, …, Kircher T, Arolt V (2012) Dynamics of defensive reactivity in patients with panic disorder and agoraphobia: implications for the etiology of panic disorder. Biol Psychiatry 72:512–520.
- since 2014
- Member of the German Psychological Association and the associated subdivisions Biological Psychology and Neuropsychology as well as Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- since 2002
- Member of the Society for Psychophysiological Research